× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Pictures Pictures Pictures!

• ClaudeMaina
  • ClaudeMaina's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 week 6 days ago #12152 by ClaudeMaina
Pictures Pictures Pictures! was created by ClaudeMaina
I want to add on to Kenn's request for pictures in the Gallery. I've noticed over the last several months a drop-off in pictures from our launches uploaded into the Gallery. Everyone likes viewing them, especially if you missed that particular launch. I do. They are a big part of our web site, and one of the reasons why it is one of the better NAR section web sites. Not to mention that it makes my job a lot easier selecting pictures for the launch articles!

So, get uploading!  Please.

Claude

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 5 days ago #12153 by DeltaVee
Replied by DeltaVee on topic Pictures Pictures Pictures!
I'd love to, but I never took any... As I launched only one rocket, and did LCO for just one slot, I've got no idea what I was doing in the meantime. Too addled by the humidity no doubt.

More
1 week 4 days ago #12155 by curtisheisey
Replied by curtisheisey on topic Pictures Pictures Pictures!
I would love to upload more pictures that I take, but quite frankly, the photo upload tools on the website are a root canal. A) there are constraints on photo size, as well as pixel length and width. Even with cropping, most of the photos I try to upload are rejected. B) I never got the bulk uploader to work.

Make it easier to upload, and I will.

Curtis

More
1 day 13 hours ago #12160 by ardedwa
Replied by ardedwa on topic Pictures Pictures Pictures!
People have uploaded tons of pictures in the recent past. I suspect that was in response to articles appearing about the launch. Since articles haven't been posted recently, I'm not surprised the volume of pictures has dropped off. I think the articles are key to making CMASS look like a vibrant venture (from the website's perspective); without them, the site looks abandoned.

• ClaudeMaina
  • ClaudeMaina's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 day 13 hours ago #12161 by ClaudeMaina
Replied by ClaudeMaina on topic Pictures Pictures Pictures!
I write most of the launch articles and it usually takes me about a week to post the article. By then, all of the pictures that are going to be uploaded are already up. I'm usually the last one to upload pictures as I upload them with my article. I'm particularly aware of this because I use those pictures for the article, and I have noticed a significant drop-off starting last fall.

I do agree though that not having articles posted for the recent launches makes the front page look stagnant. I only write articles for the launches that I attend. I do attend most launches, but not all; and I missed the last two. I like writing the articles and want to continue to do so. But it may be a good idea to have one or two designated back-ups to write the articles for the launches that I can't attend. We could then coordinate to make sure that an article is posted for each launch. Just an idea.

More
17 hours 44 minutes ago #12163 by ardedwa
Replied by ardedwa on topic Pictures Pictures Pictures!
Dang. Another perfectly good theory disproved by the facts.

I agree that getting a substitute reporter is a good idea when Claude is not available. Perhaps that role could be added to the volunteer signup list.