× Welcome to the CMASS forum!

A place to discuss anything related to CMASS (and other) launches.

Any more launches or should we build our own GSE (TARC)

More
1 year 4 months ago #11486 by Zach
Hi guys,

I'm from the Newton North high school TARC team, and we're quite new to the scene. I see the 2022 season is unfortunately over at CMASS; just wondering if you guys do any launches during December / the winter months or if we should invest in our own GSE. If that's the best route for us, we're also wondering where the best place to launch would be around the Boston metro area.

TIA,
- Zach

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 4 months ago #11487 by KennB
Hi Zach,

You are right, CMASS is done for the calendar year. Looking at our 2022 schedule, we will have similar launches scheduled for 2023. I don't have the dates nailed down just yet but will update the schedule when it is set. The School Street field in Acton is where we will be flying when we do.

It's possible some of the local mentors listed on the TARC website may be able to accommodate additional launches.

Best,
Kenn

• deangelo54
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
1 year 4 months ago #11488 by deangelo54
Hi Zach,
A few of us got together this past Sunday at the School Street field in Acton to launch a few rockets. Some of us get together every now and then on an informal basis. I have a launcher that can handle mid size rockets but it can only accommodate launch rods up to 1/4. If possible for testing purposes, may I suggest you add 1/4 launch lugs to your TARC kits. I could be tempted to come down to Acton on a Saturday or a Sunday if the Patriots have the 4:30 PM game.

Frank D

More
1 year 4 months ago #11489 by BDB
Hi Zach,

Wif you want to drive a little south, we are launching at URI on Sunday afternoon. You can find the details on the RIMRA Facebook page or at www.RIMRA.org.

Brenton

More
1 year 4 months ago #11491 by tlainhart
Zach -

If you decide to use the Acton field on School Street (a 35 minute drive from West Newton) I have appropriate GSE and can be available.

Either reply to this thread or private message me here, though I think there might be a problem with PMs and this website.

More
1 year 3 months ago #11502 by jcsalem
Zach,

Here are the 2023 CMASS Winter/TARC launch dates at the School Street field in Acton.

Winter Follies: Jan 14
TARC: Feb 18, Mar 4, Mar 18, Apr 1

I'm often available to host an informal launch in Acton on other days (especially early Saturday or Sunday).

Jim